Thursday, August 25, 2011

Uncertainty

I took a good look at the articles covering mainstream news websites over this past week.  Wow, negativity city!  If you didn't need medication for depression or anxiety before, you will after that experience.  Let's face the fact that bad news is not all over the media channels anymore just because it sells.  It's in your face because "bad" is everywhere you turn now a days.  Never fear though because there is a God up above who is here to save us from all of the issues that we get into.  God doesn't promise that everything will be sunshine and daisies everyday.  This life will always be hard in one way or another.   

There are no magic words to sugar coat this topic.  A lot of people out there are ready to throw out the anti-Christian slogans and reasoning because fear and doubt are two words that grip their lives.  God has never let me down even though I turned my back on Him more times than I can think of.  Then there is the "What about this guy" game that a lot of individuals love to play.  It usually goes something like this, "Well I saw so and so doing this or that, and I thought he was supposed to be a Christian?!  That's why I'll never buy into that stuff."  Everyone makes mistakes, and there will always be those out there that make more than others.  I guess you could throw my name in with that bunch sometimes.  It's what you do with that realization of wrong doing afterward that separates you from the rest of the pack.   Benny Hinn is a really good example of a Christian that started out with incredible intentions, but somewhere in the midst of his televangelism the straight and narrow road got blurry.  That's the incredible thing about God's grace; no matter how confused you are, no matter what you have done, no matter how convoluted life gets sometimes, He is always there to accept us as we are.  I was asked by a former pastor if I understood God's grace and had I accepted it?  I was pretty lost in the sauce!  I know now that God's grace to me is a gift of eternal life and salvation that I don't deserve.  People will always let you down 100% of the time, with percentages like that it's a good thing God cares for us just the same and more.

Righteousness Through Faith
Romans 3
 21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[i] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment