Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Take My Hand

Psalms 37: verses 23-24
23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
24 When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.

     What a roller coaster of a world we live in today!  It is easy to see the bad stack up against the good no matter who you are or where you live.  For many out there it is so hard to fathom that God has a plan for each of us.  The hard truth is that many choose to live life on their own accord.  I like living on the edge sometimes, but this is comparable to swinging on a trapeze without a safety net, or even riding a motorcycle without a helmet.  It's not whether you are going to fall, it is only a matter of when!
     I know a few people that are so against the idea of Christ dying on the cross for our sins. They hate the idea of religion and following a God they cannot see.  Is it hard to bite on this concept, yeah, sure it is!  I remember when I was young and coming up through church.  I had a hard time really committing to anything that had a "God" label on it.  I was in it for the social time and comfort of acceptance in a group.  It took a while for me to really realize that life would end as suddenly as it started.  As I grew older I saw friends and relatives dying around me more and more.  God used each one of them to send me a message that the end could be at anytime.  When I looked at everything I finally made the choice to commit to God and reach out for His hand that had been there the entire time.  God does not ask any crazy stuff of us like baptizing in the name of the dead or drinking the kool-aid on demand.  We live in a society with a fix for just about everything, and an excuse for every overly sensitive person out there.  If God doesn't exist then why do Atheists fight so hard to disprove His existence?  Here is the point; reach out for God and get ready for God and get ready for a huge change in your life.  Bad things will always happen in this life, but I couldn't imagine walking into them without God right there next to me.


Matthew 22: verses 37-40
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.   40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

No comments:

Post a Comment