Thursday, August 11, 2011

Picking the Ripe One's

     Today I went with the family to pick blueberries from a farm up north.  As we arrived I could only think of two things.....1. God please don't let me do something like fall in the bushes or dump the blueberries out.  2. My wife is totally going to spank me at picking the most blueberries.  At any rate, I moved through the field today enjoying a beautiful afternoon.  After I left I thought of how I picked each berry at will only after I felt it was ready.  God picks us just as the blueberries are picked, each one with a purpose.  As sometimes the berries I picked weren't quite ready or ripe, so are we at times when God sends us a message. 
   
James 1

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment