Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Remains of The Day

Often I find that the hardest part of the day is the end.  Through the hussle and bussle of daily activities I have survived to face the unknown of tomorrow.  The only thing that gets me through this time is my wife, the thought of my sleeping kids, and a merciful God right next to me.  To say I am a worry wart is an understatement, one my wife can attest to.  Humility and perseverance come to mind. 

The story of today is Job, from the bible.  Job's story amazes me because he had to endure such hardship at the hand of the devil.  Yet through loosing all of his wordly possessions, his children killed, and ravaged by disease, Job still thanks God in the face of adversity.  When asked by his wife as to why Job maintains his faith in a God that would let all this happen.  Job responds by calling her a foolish woman, and proceeds to ask her why should we accept only the good of God and not the bad?  We as people often expect so much from each other, and yet we never want any bad in return. 

Good message, yet kind of a weak post.  Stay tuned for follow ups coming soon.  God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment