Friday, October 22, 2010

Being Challenged by Fellow Christians

Today was an incredible day because God laid it upon my heart to be challenged by other Christians.  In the past whenever someone challenged me in life I was offended because it made me feel inferior.  How easy it is to fall into that trap of the inferiority complex.  I was a slave to it for many years.  Today I read in the bible how important it is to be transparent with other Christians so that sin has no place to hide.  Get that sin out in the open so that others may help you flee from sin. 

For a while I lived in the shadows of life thinking I was a perfectly average person living life the way I wanted.   While all of this may be true, I was sadly mistaken.  All of these things were true in the eye of the world, and as we know all too well the world can be a harsh and cold place.  Growing u I had an incredible youth pastor who challenged me constantly to grow closer to God and have more of a relationship with Him. Now 15 years later I am blessed with his voice in the back of my mind and all of the incredible advice that God spoke through him.  Now I come to my point in all this; be challenged by other Christians so that you grow in God and always follow the path to righteousness.  I wish I had a long time ago!  I am glad I have finally arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment