Saturday, October 23, 2010

God bringing a family together......

Everyone throws out the common saying, "You can't pick your family."  This is very true, however, as we all know family is not always the easiest to deal with.  Bitter rivalries, dissension, back stabbing, and many other issues arise throughout the course of a familys' story.  Not everything is lost though.  A storm may be overhead, but God is always there to bring together what no man can.  From simple issues and distance, to major times of hurt and grief, God is the only power I have seen that can bring a family to church and heal the wounds of battle. 

Tonight I sat in church looking down the phew and thanking the Big Man upstairs for the courage to ask my in-laws to come to church with us.  By my words I hope you can tell that they accepted.  Tonight the sermon ended on the topic of relationships, with an emphasis on strength and healing.  I listened to every word and hoped that everyone in our row was hearing the same thing and taking in every word as God spoke masterfully through our Worship Pastor.  I find it hard right now to recreate the feeling in my writing that I got as I listened to the cascade of strength, conviction, and grace that God brought forth tonight.  Whether it be the body of the family or the body of the church, God has the strength for us all if we can work as one.  The message in this one is to lift one another up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment