Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yoga...It's What You've Been MIssing In Your Life?

Last night as I found myself actively participating in the ceremonial lounging on the couch, I was strangely caught up watching a show on Yoga.  You know what I am talking about, flipping through channels and all of a sudden a senseless show you don't even like entrances you.  Then you finally stop watching only after the show wastes an hour of your life, or someone asks, "Why you are watching this?"  Yeah, that was me!  While I was watching the "enthralling" yoga show, I heard one of the hosts say she felt as if she had been missing something religious from her life.  She also added that there was a big hole, and it seemed like nothing could fill it until she discovered yoga.   

Many things in our lives are used to fill the proverbial "hole".   It is that overwhelming empty feeling that we constantly throw junk into so that we feel fulfillment once again.  1 Timothy 6:7-10 says:

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

What is it that you fill your life with?  I know I have my own devices and temptations that I keep at bay.  The point is, I do this successfully through God.  He filled a large hole I had in my life with peace and grace.  There are many people in this world that work harder at ruining their lives by chasing harmful desires and money than seeking God.  I really wanted to speak to that woman on the television and let her know that an exercise is an escape and will bring that momentary peace and relief, but God promises His forgiveness, grace and peace forever if we follow Him.  To wrap things up for this installment I leave you with the one verse that even unbelievers have heard several times.  It often gets overlooked by Christians because they have heard it so much over the years as they came up through the church, yet it holds God's ultimate sacrifice and promise in one package.  It's hard to believe that God cannot fill that hole inside of you after reading this verse.
John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.


No comments:

Post a Comment