Saturday, November 6, 2010

PLEASE READ......The words speak for themselves.

So many times in my life have I been through bible studies, conferences, seminars, and special series' at church for one topic or another hoping to get some ounce of inspiration that would finally allow me to let God consume my life.  Tonight I am writing this blog post because it is finally clear to me what I have missed all these years when it comes to truly knowing what Christianity and a relationship with God is centered around.  Amazingly, after hearing 3 verses in church God let me know that He wants me to put Him at the center of everything I do in my life.  It sounds so simple, yet many Christians fail at it because they focus on being a "good christian" by going to church, doing good deeds, being good to others, and so on.  When I started to turn my life around in the last couple months I thought, "If I am a better christian then my walk with God will be incredible."  I failed to to see what Romans 11:36 says in very plain english (posted below).

Romans 33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[i] knowledge of God!
   How unsearchable his judgments,
   and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
   Or who has been his counselor?”[j]
35 “Who has ever given to God,
   that God should repay them?”[k]
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
   To him be the glory forever! Amen.

I was born from Him, I am saved through Him, and everything I do should be for Him.  The part that especially struck me hard tonight was my lack of confidence in sharing God's strength, faithfulness, and incredible impact on my life with my close friends.  If I let them go on living life without at least sharing His word then I have truly failed as a friend and child of God. 

After service ended tonight at our church there was a worship time set aside for anyone to come up to the alter and truly spend some time talking with God.  I found myself wondering how awkward it would be walking up there and also wondering how my wife would react.  As I heard the music start to play and I  gently nudged against my beautiful wife to walk out of the pew, I found myself hand in hand with my best friend, walking up to the alter and kneeling down.   I was so blessed by the experience...... 
Lots covered tonight, but the point God wants me to make is that He should be at the center of your life every second, of every minute, of every hour of every day.  I know I will catch myself slipping, but I know I will stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment