Saturday, November 13, 2010

Two times the enjoyment...........

For so many of us we look around and find friends and family in all directions. I have been fortunate enough to have not only my family, but my wife's incredible family as well to raise me up when I have hit some pretty low times.  There are also many friends out there that have always been a call or click away that God has truly blessed me with.  Having that support network makes the difference in good and bad times.  The most important person though that God has placed in my life is my beautiful and caring wife.  Though we are complete opposites at times, she is always there to help lift me up when I have a hard time making it through the day.  I can see the way God works through all of these people............so what is the common thread?  They possess the fruit of the spirit and act as God calls us to:
Galatians: Chapter 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

1 Peter: Chapter 3
8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Lord I pray that you guide all of us to care for one another regardless of the circumstances, and may we always ask for you to strengthen us and leave our emotions behind. Amen
 

Prayer is a powerful thing when lifted up to God.  There has been many a time when I got myself in a bind and prayed for God to hear my cry for hope.  Although I have posted about prayer in the past, I wanted to throw this back out again as God blesses me day in and day out.  I don't always get what I am asking for from the Big Man upstairs, however, He gives me what I need.  That is worth more than any gold or precious jewel in this world.  Matthew and Mark are both incredible books in the bible to read about prayer.  Just throwing that out............

Matthew 6:5-6
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you

No comments:

Post a Comment