Friday, July 15, 2011

Success

I can dream of many things in this world that I would love to be successful at, however, my selfish ambitions would only serve my desires first.  Lately I find myself wandering to places in my mind where material things mark my wins and losses in life.  Maybe if I could just score the next big toy, or possession then I could be happy? 

It's not unfortunate that life truly doesn't work that way.  My success is based upon my relationship with God.  Where will I go when "that" day comes, heaven, or downstairs.  I want so much to follow God, yet my decisions are not speaking toward that choice.  I see all of these televangelists speaking toward success and positive attitudes.  They preach how we have to be happy in our lives in order to truly enjoy what God wants for us all.  I will never know everything in life, and frankly I do not want to.  If at the end of the day I can truly say that I am a child of God then my success has been earned by Him, not me.

The Sermon on the Mount: Matthew 5
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment